Starting a Podcast. Mining Your Niche.
Interested in starting a podcast for your brand? These days there are all sorts of ways to market your brand, but one of the most underappreciated and underutilized platforms is the podcast. Listeners are on the rise for the various podcast channels (iTunes, Spotify, etc.) It is estimated that more than 115 million people listen to one or more podcasts on a weekly basis.
Boost your SEO
Want to improve your website’s page rankings? Consider podcasts. According to Forbes magazine, iTunes is a “rank one” website. Which means any founder who is featured on a particular podcast that has a written show note description contributes to SEO ratings of the brand.
Extend your Reach
Podcasts are more than a marketing tool. They are also an effective means of extending your brand’s reach. Despite the growing popularity of podcasts, there is still relatively low competition. This allows you to stand out as an expert in your field with minimal effort.
Nurture Brand Loyalty
Podcasts not only help divert traffic to other social channels, but they also produce more loyal followers. You educate and connect with customers at a deeper level, while helping to grow a loyal listening community.
If you have struggled to expand your social following, a podcast is one way to efficiently create community and improve your engagement. People want to “belong” to something that is meaningful, so give them a good reason.
Inform your Listeners
The average podcast listener is looking to learn something. So why not tell them about what your business does? A good podcast informs. It engages. It educates. Teach people something new, and your brand will ultimately benefit from it.
How to Get Started
Thinking about starting a podcast? Here is what you’ll need.
- A good microphone: The better you sound, the better your brand is perceived.
- An appropriate niche: You are not “broad”casting. Stake out territory that fits your brand mission.
- Interview experts: You are not the show. They are.
- Be brief: A podcast should be no longer than 40 minutes.
- Promote it on all social channels: Get the word out.
- Get well-known sponsors: Help legitimize your brand.
- Offer show notes: This will help with SEO.
- Stay with it: Publish on a regular schedule.
Lastly, have fun with it! This should be something both you and your listeners enjoy. Let us know if you need further help!